Thursday, September 08, 2005

Debriefing and update

Well well well...

What a night!
France won against the Republic of Ireland 1-0.
Did we deserve to win? Hmmm, that may be debatable. The Irish were over us like a rash and defended rather well. The only great opportunity we had, we took and scored. At this stage of the competition, it doesn't really matter to me how we win, to be honest!

Oh a different note, t looks like my other predictions were good too. Pierce and Mauresmo (see previous post) met in the quarter finals and Pierce came on top. In 2 sets 6-4 6-1. In 66 minutes. Trashed poor Amélie.

"You know, I'm really happy to be in the semifinals," said Pierce when asked about her next opponent. "This is the best that I've done at the US Open in my career, which I think is amazing. I'm just really happy, so, you know, anybody I play, I'll be looking forward to it. I'll be excited. I'll be giving everything that I have." (source: US Open)

It's the passion, you see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vive la France !!!!!!! :-D